Board Director x 2
Term of Office: 3 years with the option to re-nominate at conclusion of term.
Remuneration: Paid position
We are seeking nominations for two highly capable, motivated and values-driven individuals to join our Board of Directors.
The role as Director will be to:
- Understand the business of the organisation and be aware of key opportunities.
- Govern and oversee the organisations’ operations and performance.
- Provide advice, opinions, and independent judgement to inform Board decisions.
- Attend and participate in Board meetings and one (or more) sub-committees.
- Be active in the organisation, such as attending functions or events as a representative of the CRCNA.
In addition to the above, the following qualities and skills are identified for the position:
- Experience and knowledge in one or more of the CRCNA’s research areas:
- agriculture and food
- health service delivery
- Traditional Owner-led business
Additional experience and qualifications
- Experience and knowledge in the development of Northern Australia
- Experience and/or training as a director of a Board. AICD qualification preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the not-for-profit sector.
- A good understanding of governance roles.
- The ability to work collaboratively and constructively with other directors and the Chief Executive Officer
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional legal experience desirable
First Nations identified people are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Please complete your nomination form, resume and cover letter addressing suitability for the position to:
c/- Company Secretary
CRC for Developing Northern Australia Limited