CRCNA Board Director Nominations x 2
Term of Office: 3 years with the option to re-nominate at conclusion of term.
Remuneration: Paid position
As a Director of the CRCNA your role will be to:
- Understand the business of the organisation and be aware of key opportunities
- Govern and oversee the organisations’ operations and performance
- Provide advice, opinions, and independent judgement to inform Board decisions
- Attend and participate in Board meetings and one (or more) sub-committees
- Be active in the organisation, such as attending functions or events as a representative of the CRCNA.
Skills and experience
In addition to the above, the following qualities and skills are identified for the position:
1. Experience and knowledge in one or more of the identified drivers of economic development, specific to our research areas of agriculture and food, health service delivery and models of care and Traditional Owner-led business (in these areas). These drivers are:
- Water infrastructure, security and sustainability
- Enabling infrastructure
- Activating the Indigenous Estate
- Policy harmonisation and de-risking
2. Experience and knowledge leading an organisation through structural transition, in particular, relative to finite term contracts.
Additional experience and qualifications
- Experience and knowledge in the development of Northern Australia
- Experience and/or training as a director of a Board. AICD qualification preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the not-for-profit sector
- A good understanding of governance roles
- The ability to work collaboratively and constructively with other directors, the company secretary and the Chief Executive Officer
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
First Nations-identified people are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be eligible to nominate for the position of Cooperative Research Centre for Developing Northern Australia (CRCNA) Director of the Board, an individual financial Member or the Member’s Representative of a financial Member (the nominated Representative of the registered entity) must endorse nominees.
Members who have given the CRCNA permission to publish their names are listed on the CRCNA website (crcna.com.au), if you are unsure about a CRCNA Members status, please contact the CRCNA head office during Queensland business hours (9am to 5pm AEST Monday to Friday ) on 07 4401 5035 or email your enquiry to email@example.com.
How to apply
- Have a CRCNA a financial member endorse your nomination via the Nomination Endorsement Form and upload this, your CV and cover letter to your online nomination form
- Complete the online nomination form
Deadline for nominations
5pm AEST Monday 22 August 2022. Forms received after this date, will not be considered eligible.
About the selection process
CRCNA’s Board Selection Committee will review nominations and determine which Board candidates should be put forward as approved nominated candidates to Members at the next Annual General Meeting in accordance with the CRCNA Constitution.
Company Secretary | firstname.lastname@example.org