Workshop - Aquaculture opportunities in Northern Australia: Solutions and Strategies
Northern Australia has multiple advantages for aquaculture industry development especially linked to natural resources and proximity to export markets. However, there are challenges to expansion such as remote locations and lack of infrastructure. The CRCNA commissioned a ‘Northern Australia Aquaculture Industry Situational Analysis’ to understand the current situation and future challenges and opportunities. An important output of the project is to deliver prioritised recommendations for the support required to enable industry expansion.
Read the team's interim report here.
- Explore the recommendations of the Northern Australia Aquaculture Industry Situational Analysis project, discuss gaps to address the recommendations
- Propose solutions, strategies and next actions to address barriers or develop opportunities, and identify potential solution providers
- Network with stakeholders across jurisdictions and diverse industry sectors in tropical aquaculture
- Day 1 - Focus on the situational analysis context and moving forward with actions for each of the industry-supported recommendations (What can be done about identified gaps? Who are the potential solution providers?)
- Day 2 - Broader tropical aquaculture focus, including updates on key developments in the industry, government, research, and innovation.
A detailed program will be available soon.
For more information or to register your interest to attend this event please email project lead, Assoc Prof. Jennifer Cobcroft.