Professional report writer and editor
The CRCNA is seeking an experienced report writer/editor to support the development and delivery of the organisation’s State of the North Report (working title).
This report will be the first comprehensive examination of the CRCNA’s identified current and emerging priorities across Northern Australia’s sectors, regions and supply chains. Crucially, it will provide new insights around existing and future opportunities, discuss strategic recommendations and refine clear policy implications for the Commonwealth’s refresh of the Northern Australian development agenda (currently being developed by the CRCNA Chief Scientist).
The suitable candidate will work with the CRCNA’s Chief Scientist, CEO and Communications Manager to deliver an engaging and informative report which draws on the CRCNA’s strategic foundational research to date, including :
- Eight sector situational analyses which have explored the current state of play in the Northern Australian beef, rice, horticulture, broadacre cropping, forestry, aquaculture, indigenous development and health sectors.
- Findings and recommendations from four supply chain development projects across the Greater Whitsundays, North Queensland, Far North Queensland and ASEAN regions.
- Findings from policy development and investment solutions projects, including:
- De-risking Northern Australian investment – NT, WA and Qld
- Northern Australian agriculture investor identification and analysis
- Addressing the Cost of Freight in Northern Australia
- Communications issues facing northern Australian development
EOIs are to be emailed to Carla Keith (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm AEST Thursday 30 January 2020.
The successful candidate will also be required to attend a workshop in Townsville, Queensland on Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 February 2020. The CRCNA will cover any travel costs associated with this event.
- Draft report (Word document) Friday, April 3 2020
- Final edited copy version Friday, 8 May 2020
Overview of key tasks
- Attend a facilitated workshop with the project leads, CRCNA Board and staff in Townsville Monday 24 and Tuesday 25 February[i].
- Attend a follow-up discussion with the CRCNA team (the CRCNA Communications Manager, CEO and Chief Scientist) to contextualise the purpose and approach and to the report develop a proposed Table of Contents/overview of the document (can be done in person on the 26 Feb or at a later date via teleconference)
- Review current project reports, identify synergies across sectors and industries and use this information to inform the development of strategic recommendations and investment prioritisation for the CRCNA.
- Work with CRCNA Chief Scientist and CEO to support the development of recommendations and pathway to implementation, examine and identify key policy and budgetary opportunities.
- Deliver an engaging, high quality and copy-edited report.
- Work with Communications Manager on the design of document and revisions of content as required.
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience writing/editing high-quality copy. Previous work in science (including social science), economics, policy writing highly desirable.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and within an agreed budget.
- Proven ability to work independently.
- Desktop publishing and design skills are highly desirable.
How to apply
Email your cover letter addressing the required skills and experience to the Communications Manager (Carla Keith email email@example.com) by 5pm AEST Thursday 30 January.
In addition to your cover letter, please include :
- Two examples of your previous work.
- A quote to deliver this project.
For more information
Contact Carla Keith 0499 330 051 or firstname.lastname@example.org
[i] The CRCNA will cover reasonable costs associated with travelling to the February workshop in Townsville.