Supporting Landholder Capacity for Quality Agricultural Development Applications Across Northern Australia
- Northern Territory Farmers Association Incorporated (NT Farmers)
- NT Cattlemen's Association (NTCA)
- Ord River District Cooperative Limited (Ordco)
- Kimberley Pilbara Cattlemen's Association (KPCA)
It will research and detailed needs assessment of landholders in this context, build partnerships and an evidence-based co-design of appropriate capacity building products to address these needs. Trial of the delivery and evaluate these emerging products relative to landholders needs. Coordinated across the north by Northern Territory Farmers Association Incorporated (NTFA), the project will also significantly partner with Queensland Farmers Federation to ensure strong coverage across northern Western Australia (WA), the Northern Territory (NT) and Northern Queensland (NQ).
This research will:
- Research the capacity development needs of landholders and their service providers in developing and progressing quality development applications
- Building the partnerships required to co-design the development of an appropriate short-course and micro-credential approach to lifting that capacity
- Trail and evaluate the delivery of this capacity-building approach.
This approach aims to achieve a long-term focus on lifting the capacity of industry bodies, landholders and their service providers across this space.
This project will deliver a formal industry-based Program Translation Plan and Capacity Building Program for use by Indigenous and non-Indigenous landholders, development service providers, industry bodies and government regulators.