Mackay Isaac Whitsunday regional agricultural supply chain baseline study
- Greater Whitsunday Alliance (GW3)
- Regional Development Australia - Mackay, Isaac, Whitsunday INc
- North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation Limited (NQ Bulk Ports)
- Bowen Gumlu Growers Association
- Mackay Airport Pty Ltd
- Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF)
In this project GW3 will build on the research projects already conducted for the Mackay-Isaac-Whitsunday (MIW), north Queensland and far north Queensland regions, to create a common understanding of capabilities, supply chain opportunities and challenges across the far north Queensland, north Queensland and the MIW region, as well as an understanding of international demand for the relevant agricultural commodities and potential markets.
The results of this research could profoundly influence the export activity for producers in the MIW region.
GW3 expects the research will identify potential collaborative solutions, where it makes sense to aggregate agricultural produce to optimise export outcomes.
Once this research is complete CRCNA will be able to progress its objective of facilitating improved collaboration across north Queensland to optimise supply chain opportunities for export.